Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Yule Log Hunt


Ollie really wanted to see the old fire truck I use to drive at work!

Bringing down the Yule Log

He is kissing the mistletoe.  I think he is a little confused by this tradition.
He is so proud of this huge leaf we found on our hike
My favorite activity at my old workplace, Sycamore Grove Park, is the annual Yule Log Hunt!  It is awesome and silly, my favorite combination.  Everyone goes on a big hunt to find a hidden yule log, then we drag it down to the fire pit and burn it and decorate our own yule logs to take home with us.  I have been taught the history and symbolism of this event back when I was working, but I don't recall it now and I don't really care because it is still a lot of fun!  We also tried out the new hiking trail connecting to Arroyo Del Valle, which is awesome!  And of course got to see my old coworkers and friends and sip some cider!  Such a great event!  Thank you Rangers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Idaho Trip: Part 5: Island Park